Tuesday 29 July 2014

Rainy Days Aren't Always Fun

Nicknames are a weird thing.

I've had loads. My name is very peculiar as it is. It's not spelled in the usual way. It has an o in it. For reasons unknown.

Anoushka is a Russian name (spelled "Annushka"). My father studied Russian in school and he always had this bond, I guess, with Russia and all. Anyway, that's why my name is spelt so weirdly. I swear to God, every English teacher has told me at least once that my name is incorrectly spelt (why don't you let me decide how I spell it). So basically, my name is always misspelt on cards, certificates, and Starbucks.

Hence the many nicknames. They range from good ones, like Ansha, Aku, Anoushki, Kurdedaan (meaning of course, trash can) etc to um, particularly well thought out ones, like Ak.

Nicknames - A test

Q - Calculate how many seconds were spent on coming up with the nickname Ak.

A - Approximately half a second.

Anyway, the latest nickname I have is baby.

That's right.

Why? Why, baby, you may ask. I ask myself the same question. It all started when one of my teachers called me that. Accidentally? I don't know. Anyway, when Hot-y and Tall-y heard it for the first time, they got that shine in their eyes that my dog Sid gets when I let him have my leftover Pizza (the food item, not the friend), and a billion jokes have thus been formed since then. Anyway, that has now become my official nickname. This long rant about my nickname-ness was to answer all the queries I have been getting, regarding my personal life (i.e. none).

Today was Hot-y's birthday! (Technically 13 minutes ago). It was a hoot and a half. We went to a disco, and even though my foot hurts a lot, I completely forgot about that, especially when the (horrible) DJ played Give me everything for the third time. I jumped around and danced like a lunatic, and I'm pretty sure it's worse now, meaning of course, I cannot play badminton for another week or so, and I will have to play Sims instead. Which is what I did today for two hours instead of

1) bathing
2) studying
3) wrapping Hot-y's present

Ah speaking of not doing stuff. It rained a lot yesterday. And day before. And day before day before. A lot. Something horrible happened to me.

The last bell had rung. I was in the canteen with some friends, trying to open a frozen bottle of Mountain Dew, when I saw that the weather was all hahahahaha okay let me ruin your day and it had started to rain crazily, randomly. I was perplexed. I had to cross the field to go to the school lobby, and then I had to cross the parking lots to get to my bus. I was all YOLO, and I decided to run till the lobby, which was actually a ten-second-journey, but I was drenched by the time I reached the lobby. Luckily, I spotted Tall-y (who is, as you might have guessed, tall) and we decided to run for our lives and catch our respective buses together. Now, Tall-y must be six feet tall, and I'm somewhere around five feet something. Naturally, he ran faster than me. Way faster. What that lovely boy did was, he told me to follow him, and I limped towards him, carrying with my poor twisted ankle, and my bag weighing a thousand pounds, trying to avoid the rain entering my contact lenses, and trying to keep up with my helpful and chivalrous friend. Basically, I fell. Into a puddle. A big one. And I couldn't get up. For a very long time. And all my juniors stood around me. And laughed. A lot.

To make a long story short, my mother shall be dropping me to school on rainy days.

Also, I'm not sure if I really like the concept of going to college all that much. Mars (my friend) leaves for college day after, and it will be particularly sad, because he is the last senior I was friends with who hadn't gone away yet. So his departure shall mark the end of an era regarding Kapoorni's friendships'. I hugged him five times today. I would've hugged him again, but he had to go home. Pity. I told him repeatedly he should just stay in this city and give me company, and I gave valid reasons too (why do you need college, what good will studying law do, etc) but he will still go. I don't understand why we can't just have this one country/city dedicated to colleges, so that all your friends can be with you, and also, since we're on the subject, this college country/city should also have a paragliding area because that sounds pretty awesome.

Anyway, it is very late, and I have to study Principle Mathematical Induction tomorrow morning.

Kidding.

I need to catch up on reality shows with Izzy tomorrow morning.

(No, I will study PMI.)

(Probably)



2 comments: