Friday 11 July 2014

Stealing From Labs

LIFE IS SO UNFAIR WHAT EVEN IS HAPPENING

I fell sick again! Like come on, at least give me some time to recover! I can't even skip school because today I was sitting in Chemistry class like the complete moron that I am, not being able to comprehend a single word (in this one particular topic, the rest I could understand, I'm not that buffoon-like) until my teacher finally asked if I was okay, to which I gave an intelligent nod. Anyway so yes, I cannot even skip school tomorrow otherwise I shall look like an ever bigger buffoon, which, unlike what most of you may think, is possible.

School was so much fun today. Apart from the fact that I spent the entire two-back-to-back Physics periods singing Royals/Rap God/Radioactive/It's Time/Wake me up with my best friends, Tall-y who accompanied my singing and, I've never mentioned him before so let's give him a name, Hot-y (he told me to call him that) beatboxing, it was also our first ever Chemistry Lab practical today, meaning of course 30 out of 35 students had forgotten to bring the lab coats. Anyway we did this really cool thing called 'jetting a glass rod' where you basically heat a glass rod at one point in it's center, until it becomes all melt-y and squish-y (descriptions are not my strong suit) and then finally you can like pull the rod apart and it will separate at the center, hence sealing the glass rod, which is called 'jetting' it. Anyway it looks like a really cool icicle sort of thing, so I had a jolly time pretending to sword fight with my lab partner with our respective glass rods. The fun ended there, and we were told to throw all the bits and pieces of the rods into the bin.

Let's talk about that for a moment.

Let's say one is sitting peacefully, reading Archie comics, or being awesome in general. Not doing much. Then suddenly, an adult comes along and says, whatever you do, do not go outside and run around in the garden naked. Naturally, the only thing you'll want to do after that is go outside and run around in the garden naked. I'm a future psychologist, I know what I'm talking about. Believe you me.

The second we were told we had to separate ourselves from our beautiful glass-rod-icicle thing, I knew I had to pocket mine. Feeling like a criminal, I slipped it in between the pages of my Maths notebook (which I had with me during Chemistry class for what reason) and casually went back to the classroom. My heart was pounding in my chest. I felt like a changed human being. Pocketing broken glass rods? Had I not promised my family I would never bring shame to their name? What was I doing with my life? My face was marked with shame.

Until I found out that Tall-y had also pocketed his.

Long story short, if we go to prison, at least I'll have company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment