Tuesday 15 July 2014

Confusing Life Decisions

You guys, I'm such a non-model student. It's 11:12 p.m. and when I should be revising Chemistry or something I'm singing I see the light at the top of my voice. What is wrong with the kids of today? (A lot).

The human body is an amazing thing though. After staying up till 3 in the morning to watch the Fifa Final (IN YOUR FACE ARGENTINA) I still woke up and went to school like a good student. I even (somehow) sat through double Maths, double English and double Economics in spite of my repeated pleas to Hot-y/Tall-y to shoot me between the eyes.

I came home and took a well deserved three hour nap after which I told myself I would definitely complete-

24 hours later

Definitely complete what?! I have no idea, I no longer remember, nor do I care. Anyway, I'm still a non-model student. I somehow sat through my one-and-a-half-hours longer Physics tuition (sir had tricked me and not told me it would be half an hour extra today) with a splitting headache. It felt like somebody had sliced my head open. I really thought I'd die mid-way (I really, truly did).

 My body is crazy, no lie. It refuses to do any work all day long, except for when it's 2 am. Then it springs to life like it is ready to dance across the street. But at that time I'm supposed to be sleeping. Sucks how things work out.

Every damn day the same thing happens. I'll be sitting in class, listening carefully (ish) to what the teacher is saying, somehow trying to not hum stupid girls in my mind (somehow). Anyway, every day I make a mental note to myself - today I will go home, take a quick nap and revise everything taught in the class, and read ahead for the next day.

The second I reach home, after gobbling down lunch, taking out my contacts, I jump into bed and snuggle up and watch reruns of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. or How I Met Your Mother. After completing my sitcom syllabus, I reread old books, which I've read a gazillion times before (A Thousand Splendid Suns, Looking For Alaska, Harry Potter, etc) instead of reading something new or doing something productive. Next, I take all the snacks in my house into my room, and just lie there admist all the chips and biscuits and soft drinks, thanking God from my wonderful life.

Anyway, needless to say, I'm not very, er, determined or focused towards, well, productive stuff.

But that's not the only reason why life is strange right now. I fall sick every week. Like seriously, every other die I have fever. Tall-y politely suggested today that I might have tuberculosis. (Why, Tall-y, why?) So anyway, I know I'd get better if I rested for a full day, and everyday I tell myself that today I will rest and not play badminton, but I accidentally end up playing.

Accidentally. (Ish)

On an unrelated topic, I have no idea why I've taken PCM. If you ever need help selecting subjects, please do not contact me. I had previously opted for Biology, which I absolutely loved, which I started to hate after approximately three and a half seconds into my first Biology class in Eleventh grade. Now I have Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Economics, which is, well, interesting, but when I'm not going to like become an engineer (funny story, my English teacher told me he wanted to see me top the IIT entrance exam, and I nodded like Noddy the nodder and said Yessir in my most convincing voice, but I forgot to tell him I didn't want to go to IIT) these subjects really hold just about zero importance in my future.

During my last Math class, my teacher was showing me how to solve a particularly difficult question and suddenly put the pen down and asked me if all this would ever be required by me in my career.

I told him the truth -

 Sometimes I love Science, and Math, but sometimes I just want to burn my textbooks in a heap and dance around the fire. 

2 comments:

  1. Toh problam kya hai ?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to tell......Almost Matches my life..lol ..-#Sid

    ReplyDelete