Wednesday 11 June 2014

Mayhem in Mumbai

Good evening lovelies! I have woken up from my 4 hour nap, rereshed as ever. I'm in Mumbai, and I reached yesterday,  but I have already committed two embarrassing crimes. Before I get to Day 1, let me start with Day 2.

Today morning, we had to wake up at 8 am, which is a time of the day I am not familiar with, to have breakfast, which is a meal I'm not familiar with, since I usually wake up by lunch time. However, my sister's internship started at 10, so we had to have breakfast and then go drop her since it was her first day, and since my heart is only full of love for others, I agreed to sacrifice my precious sleep. Before we begin, let me tell you about her. She's five years elder to me, and extremely pretty and witty, though I'd never tell her this. She's better than me at everything, with the exception of Sims and sports.  She's going to start her 4th year in Law School. Okay that's enough. Getting back to the story.

The breakfast was a buffet. Now, in case you're unfamiliar with me, a few blind people call me 'thin.' They poke me and say, Do you ever eat? If you want proof that I do, more than normal people,  read on. Buffets are tempting. Not because their is so much to eat. There are so many different things. Should I have a chicken sandwich? Or a cupcake? Both? Together? Okay!!!

I had, a sugered doughnut,  a smoked salmon sandwich, a slice of bread (with nothing on it for some reason), a glass of mango juice,  watermelon, oranges, a cheese and vegetable omelette, and a cup of tea.

 Now my sister claims that the 'mango juice' I had was actually on display for other customers,  and I wasn't supposed to have it. It was kept in a tiny bottle in an isolated corner of the room. I asked the waitress if I could help myself to some, and I did, but when I asked for ice, they brought me a fresh glass. So maybe I did have a few sips of stale mango juice which was on display for other customers. So what. YOLO.

There was one waiter who I'm sure hates me, because whenever he would come in our direction, I would ask him to do/bring/take away something. He said to me oh my god you little nuisance you're so tiny how the hell can you eat so much I hate you leave me alone!!!!!!! I mean he didn't really say that. He said it more with his eyes. It's a wonder he didn't spit in my omelette, (which I asked him to bring) which is what I would've done if I were him. So anyway I was pretty tired after eating just about everything in just about every possible combo. As soon as we dropped my sister off, I took a well deserved nap, and just woke up from it.

About Day 1. Mumma and I were to travel to Mumbai. Mumma and I are completely alike. We make an amazingly interesting combo. My father makes us leave for the airport approximately 8,000 hours in advance. So mumma and I were sitting there, all checked in, waiting for our flight, wondering what to do. That's when we spotted a tiny cafe tucked away in the depths of the airport (not really. It was to our immediate right. I don't know how we didn't spot it before). We immediately bought two huge slabs of chocolates and settled down. I ate mine while reading a book. Mumma had two bites of hers, intending to save the rest for my sister (she finished it during the flight) and meanwhile whatsapped away to glory. We were sitting right by gate 5, where our plane was supposed to arrive, at 12. Surprisingly,  by 11:55 the boarding wasn't announced. By 12:15, when we should've been freaking out, we were absorbed in our own littlr worlds. Finally, mumma's phone rang. She answered it and her face turned white. She grabbed my hand and we started to run. Turns out, the plane was due to arrive at gate 4, God knows why we had decided it was gate 5, and we were the last two passengers who were not on the plane. They had been repeating our names from the past 20 minutes, asking us if we wanted to board or not.

So that's how I delayed a plane by 15 minutes and ate everything in the buffet in the space of 48 hours.

The End. 

5 comments:

  1. hahahaha nice to see you're giving mumbai a taste of kapoorni-ness :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Er you also insisted on getting the waitress to cut up a decorative loaf of bread

    ReplyDelete
  3. U siriusly do a lot of riddikulus things........m jealous :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garmi - Nobody is immune to kapoorninosity.
    Anonymous - This is all normal for me man, not ridiculous. But then again, whats normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. ;)

    ReplyDelete