Saturday 7 June 2014

Summers - They suck

The temperature is currently 39 degrees. It feels like the sun has specifically chosen our town to shine down upon. It feels like at any moment, all of us will succumb to death. Everyone is in an irritable mood. Even the air conditioners seem to hate us. They're all no you do not deserve fresh, cool air!!!!!!!! and are instead emitting refreshing gusts of warm, dusty air. Everyone is sweating bullets, and everyone in my house is ready to kill each other. At times the electricity decides to ditch us too, so that really is the cherry on top of the cake. When the weather is as horrible as this, this is what you should not do -
I woke up at one thirty in the afternoon, in a pool of my own lovely sweat. The electricity was out. My friend, let's call her Gizzy, brought over some chocolate for me, and we gossiped for a while, so at least the starting of my day was productive.
Later though, after I had studied Physics for some time (haha, no, not self study, tuition) I decided I needed to live my life to fullest, today. 7th June had to be awesome. I needed to do something unforgettable.
I called Izzy and asked her for ideas. Being the genius that she is, she suggested that we should drive to the nearest tuck shop, load up on snacks, then mindlessly watch a tv show or a movie at her house. I agreed, and we started to think about possible means of transportation. Both of us drive, but since I rammed the car into a pole not twenty four hours ago, driving by ourselves was not an option. Neither of our parents agreed to take us either. We had to be self reliant. We needed to reach our destinations ourselves. We needed to achieve our goals by our own means. We decided to cycle to the tuck shop. By we, I obviously mean that Izzy would ride the cycle and I would sit behind her. We've done this many a time, once at 12 in the afternoon, during a lovely May morning, with the sun beating down upon us, when Izzy called her mother halfway through the ride and said, and I quote, Momma pick us up, I think I'm about to die. Why we cannot simply take two cycles will remain forever a mystery. But we are deviating from our topic. So, Izzy agreed to cycle to the shop, while I sat behind her, holding an umbrella for her, which made me lose my balance, and I also sang loudly into her ear, and danced a bit too, to entertain her, but the other pedestrians as well. The shop was 2 kilometers away, but I must say I got pretty tired what with my constant entertaining. We managed to reach the shop and get back to the house safely though. After cycling 4 kilometers, Izzy looked she might kill herself and/or me, so I said I would reward her.
"How?" She asked me.
I replied, "I'll blog about it."

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! THISISTHEBESTREWARDEVER! <3 - Stuti

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS I MEAN IZZY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuts aka Izzy you know I lowe you.
    And also, lol sid?! Elaborate. :@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your last line.........:D :D :P....hmmmm....P.S I liked the bolg - #Sid :D

      Delete