Friday 20 June 2014

Shoes weigh a lot - Who knew?

Royals is the best song in the entire world. Period.

(Seriously. Like go listen to it right now. STOP READING GO LISTEN TO ROYALS.)

I'm back! I was too chicken to go play badminton today. I thought maybe all my lovely friends at the court were having too much of a gala time without me to screw every game up, so I thought I'd skip today and ruin their games tomorrow. Instead I watched Princess Diaries 1 with Izzy. I'd originally told her that I wanted to watch House and she got super excited, but 20 minutes (okay, 3 minutes) into the show I was checking my mobile a lot, and scraping old nailpolish off my nails, so Izzy politely asked me if I'd maybe like to watch Princess Diaries and it's kind of sad how quickly I agreed to it.

I mean, House was very interesting. All three minutes of it. But I really wanted to see Princess Diaries.

Anyway, I traveled from Mumbai to Lucknow this morning. I already made an utter fool of myself whilst traveling from Lucknow to Mumbai (delayed the plane, etc) and if you think I didn't make an utter fool of myself this time, you are sadly mistaken.

It is all thanks to my amazing sister. (Jk, ILY) She's changing rooms when she starts her fourth year at Law School, and she (somehow) decided that it would be a great idea to bring a suitcase full of junk she didn't need, pay zillions of rupees to get it through security check in Bangalore, then dump it on mother and me in Mumbai, so that we would pay zillions of rupees getting it through security check.

 Ah, great times.

We reached the airport two hours early, mumma and me, and we were so proud of ourselves. We were so ready. So organised. Whatever may come our way, we would battle it.

Except for nineteen kilos.

That's how much extra luggage we had. We had three suitcases in total, between two people. How. Retarded. We freaked out. I'm not even going to tell you how much it would've cost to pay for that extra luggage. (Hint - It was a lot.) Anyway, we decided it was insane to pay that much, so we decided to throw some unnecessary things (like a pair of sandles I loved, but had these annoying three hundred kilometers long laces which came undone every two seconds) and stuffed the other stuff into our carry on luggage. (So now our check in luggage weighed less, and our carry-on luggage weighed a thousand tons-problem solved!) People usually do all this when they have to board, like, seventeen hours flights to faraway lands. Not when they're boarding a domestic flight lasting hardly two hours. It was really embarassing. We had to open our suitcases and rearrange all our items. A really hot guy was sitting just behind us, and I'm sure he heard/saw everything, including when my mother was scolding me (loudly).

I still don't get how our three tiny suitcases could've weighed forty five kilos. Er, I kind of do actually...

Well maybe I shouldn't have taken along six pairs of shoes for only a week, but come on, what if I saw Shahrukh Khan and I was wearing my sneakers? Even though one pair of my shoes alone weighed one kilo, (my beautiful wedges, which I stole from my sister, which are three sizes too big for me, and my mother says, and I quote, that I don't look like a normal person whilst walking in them) the shoes were mandatory.
The shoes weren't at fault.
 The shoes are never at fault.
You know what's better than shoes?
More shoes.

12 comments:

  1. Good fun reading this.. esp the hot guy bit who sat through your luggage ordeal and the wise words - Shoes are never at fault. And yes, it's always a good idea to be ready for SRFK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weigh* a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's refreshing how hot guys are conveniently only present during embarrassing times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DONT.INSULT.HOUSE.
    either watch it seriously or dont watch it all :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. by watching princess diaries?
      yeah i think you did - -

      Delete
    2. I apologize, I did not intend to.
      Also, try watching Princess Diaries. :D

      Delete
    3. your blog is better:)

      Delete
  5. I can't believe you said that, you're awesome, jddifhwpjpqadhefhneiofaops. THANKYOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know:)
      you too ;)
      you have my greensignal for vLogging

      Delete
    2. Congratulations, you have officially won the right to be my favourite person. Hazzah!

      Delete