Thursday 5 June 2014

Sims - A marriage turned creepy

Before commencing this rant, I must admit to myself a fact. In all honesty, I never thought that if I started a proper blog, I'd blog about baby lizards or 90210. I thought I'd start a blog about maybe reviewing books written by Jeffrey Archer, or maybe I'd write about serious issues like the lack of Kurkure in the school canteen. But, okay.
In all honesty, I say 'in all honesty' a lot, so I promise to you I shall never say it again. In this post.
Okay!
Ah, Sims. In case you happen to have a life unlike me and don't know what The Sims is, its basically this virtual reality game where you can customize an avatar, your sim, and then you have to get a job, build a household, get married, have kids, (spellcheck changed have kids to have aids) and pass on your legacy to your children. The point of the game is basically, um, nothing. It's awesome and I love it. But when you're entrusted with so much power, the power to build more people (more sims) and change the shape of their nose and the sound of their voice, things are likely to get out of hand.
I was living in a sprawling bungalow (in Sims, not real life!!) with my husband and my two sons, one was a teen, let's call him Pierre and the other a young adult, let's call him Jaque. None of the sims in town were good enough for my boys, so like a creepester, I decided to build a new household, with two girls,one teen one young adult, and place it in my town. Yes, I was going to build my daughters-in-law. People do it all the time.
Now. I made a gay couple, and I wanted them to have two daughters, one teen, one young adult (YA). Apparently, a YA couldn't be living with her parents, (wow Sims,  judgmental much) so instead I made the YA the sister of one of the men, let's call her Mariam, and the teen was the daughter, let's say Amber, who'd grow up to marry my younger son. Follow me? Jaque and Mariam, Amber and Pierre. Creepy and pathetic, just like I wanted. But alas, happiness would evade my family for years to come.
Things were going splendidly. Jaque and Mariam got married and had a son. Amber and Pierre started dating. However, once THEY became YA, things took a left turn into creepyville. Once Amber and Pierre got married, the relationships within the family became a bit odd. Amber was Mariam's niece, so Pierre should be her nephew-in-law. But Pierre was Jaque's brother, so Amber should be her sister in law. So, what is the true relation between these four people? Such questions should be put up in SATs and CLAT exams. If you can answer this, you will win my copy of Sims Expansion Pack : Showtime, and not because I lost it yesterday.
Also, I like to believe that Pierre and Amber no longer have dinner with the rest of the family. They hide in their room due to shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment